Friday, July 15, 2011

Becoming a High School Teacher

Something I would never have seen myself becoming. In just the last couple of weeks, the Peace Corps staff has done a steady job molding even the least experienced of us into teaching professionals. While all of the CYF volunteers left the camp to go to their training sites, I have stayed behind with the other education volunteers for 4 more days filled with teaching strategies and lesson planning. I’ve always hated icebreakers, so it is a bit ironic that I’m becoming a master at using them in the classroom. Demo teaching today and tomorrow. Sunday we finally leave for our training sites.

2 comments:

  1. Being a teacher isn't all that bad! I will be teaching at Flagstaff High this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nikki! I'm so glad you found a job in Flag. I have a new respect for teachers that I didn't before. I never realized how much work must go into even just one lesson plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete