Friday, September 16, 2011

Swearing In

The last week of training was intense but also very exciting. All the trainees gathered in Manila with our counterparts that we have been paired to work with. My co-teacher is Mam Nellie. She was about to retire but decided to stay after she heard I was coming! We spent four days wrapping up what we have learned the last two and a half months, and learning how to work together efficiently.

The swearing in ceremony was held on Friday. Each of the four language training groups was asked to perform a short presentation at the ceremony. My group had been training hard practicing a native Igorot dance. Even after we arrived in Manila, we held secret underground practices so we could keep it a surprise. Our group was the only one with costumes and was chosen for the finale. I'll try and post pics later.

It was hard saying goodbye to La Trinidad and my friends and host family there. On my last night, upon hearing that my bus was to leave at 3am, my host brother and sister decided to stay up with me all night and we pulled an all-nighter. It’s hard to believe that in just two months that you can build those strong relationships that will last forever.

Next stop: Mountain Province!

No comments:

Post a Comment