Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!



Easter at home is always a special occasion. I have memories waking up early on Easter morning to hunt for eggs and see what goodies were in my Easter Basket. Usually my family drove down to Phoenix to meet family for brunch. 


Here an entire week builds up to Easter. Holy Week starts on Palm Sunday and lasts until Easter. In the Philippines, it is a special time of year, and I've heard so many different experiences from different volunteers. It is here where the reenact the crucifiction with men getting nailed to the cross. Others received beautiful woven palm fronds on Palm Sunday.


My site was pretty quiet during Holy Week. I was invited to a baptism in Itogon Hot Springs near La Trinidad and so I decided to go support my friend JL. It was beautiful and I got a proper sunburn for the first time in the Philippines. I stayed a few nights with his family and introduced the Easter-egg hunt to the boys their before attending church.


Cleaning fish with Erika (PCV) during the baptism in Itogon.


School is out but teachers are still busy reporting to finish filling out forms and paperwork. I'm working on a massive excel spreadsheet to make it easier for them. We are also planning to initiate an Achievers League, which will be like an Honors Club to encourage good character and reward academic excellence. When not in school, I'm finishing up things for my apartment. The room has a lot of empty space so next chance I get I'm going to look for some hammocks to string up. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment